Welcome to The Forum’s Business Owner Highlight Series! Meet our incredible business owners through these insightful interviews sharing how their business originated, its specialties, and personal anecdotes. Enjoy!
1. What is your full name, title, and the name of your business?
Todd Melet, President, JewelRecycle
2. What is the background story of your business? What was it that inspired you to start it?
Launched in the Triangle in 2009 in response to the explosion in precious metals pricing, and the lack of fair and trusted buyers. Open Wilmington in 2011.
3. What does your business specialize in?
The purchase of gold, silver, and platinum jewelry including diamonds. We also purchase sterling silver flatware and other items, as well as old coins and fine watches.
4. What brings you the greatest joy in managing/owning this business?
Exceeding customer’s expectations as to the value of their items, and the experience they receive selling them through our store.
5. What’s one fun fact about your business that most people don’t know about?
We purchase dental gold such as crowns, but we do not do extractions.
6. Why do you believe it’s important to shop local?
Local merchants help the local market they serve by providing employment and by giving back to the communities they serve.