Welcome to The Forum’s Business Owner Highlight Series! Meet our incredible business owners through these insightful interviews sharing how their business originated, its specialties, and personal anecdotes. Enjoy!
1. What is your full name, title, and the name of your business?
Hannah Lynne Owner of Beauty Bar Boutique Inc. // Maari Kolk is the Operating Manager of B3 Lash + Brow Studio and truly runs the studio!
2. What is the background story of your business? What was it that inspired you to start it?
Maari joined our salon team in 2015 being the sole esthetician and makeup artist specializing in Lash Extensions. She was a strong part of the salon team, and quickly grew the lash extension sector of b3. She wanted to create that same culture and team opportunity for other estheticians and saw a need in our community for a studio dedicated to eyelash and eyebrow services that were growing in popularity in urban markets. The idea was born in fall 2018, and the studio opened August 14, 2019!!
3. What does your business specialize in?
Lash extensions and Lash Lifts; a close second is Brow Microblading
4. What brings you the greatest joy in managing/owning this business?
“Being able to support and help grow the team’s abilities and skills in the beauty industry; the opportunity to be a part of others’ lives is amazing!” – Maari
5. What’s one fun fact about your business that most people don’t know about?
It used to be the private dining room of the restaurant space next door!
6. Why do you believe it’s important to shop local?
It’s an opportunity to make genuine connections and lasting relationships with other small business owners in the community. It’s directly supporting someone’s vision, cost of living, ability to employ locally, etc. and that has a serious positive ripple effect in Wilmington’s growth and success!