Welcome to The Forum’s Business Owner Highlight Series! Meet our incredible business owners through these insightful interviews sharing how their business originated, its specialties, and personal anecdotes. Enjoy!
1. What is your full name, title, and the name of your business?
Josh Morris, Owner of UPS Store
2. What is the background story of your business? What was it that inspired you to start it?
I knew from an early age that I wanted to own and operate some type of service business. To be of service to those around me. The inspiration was constantly hearing my dad in the back of my head telling me that you can’t build wealth by working for someone else. Mentors: Jim Rohn, Zig Ziglar, Reggie Shropshire.
3. What does your business specialize in?
PRINTING, Shipping, Notary, Shredding, Mailboxing, Passport Pictures
4. What brings you the greatest joy in managing/owning this business?
Being able to work with other local businesses in Wilmington.
5. What’s one fun fact about your business that most people don’t know about?
We started in 1980 as “Mail Boxes Etc”, as an alternative to the post office. We became “The UPS Store” in 2003 when UPS bought Mail Boxes Etc Inc. The UPS Store franchise locations remain locally owned and operated.
6. Why do you believe it’s important to shop local?
Most New Jobs Are Provided By Local Businesses. Customer Service Is Better. “You” (the customer) Matter More